The Exhibition Management, hereupon state that the exhibitor, who applies to participate in the CIPS 2014, will be required to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
1. Venue & duration: China Int‘l Exhibition Center (New Venue), Beijing, Nov. 17-20, 2014
2. Booth Representatives: Booth representation is limited to Exhibitor. Exhibitor shall not permit in its booth a non-exhibiting company representative. Exhibitor shall staff its booth during all open exhibition hours. Booth Representatives shall at all times wear badge identification approved by Exhibition Management.
3. Use of Display Space: a) Restrictions on Space Rental: Without the express written permission of Exhibition Management, Exhibitor may not (i) sublet, subdivide or assign its space, or any part thereof, (ii) purchase multiple booths for the purpose of subletting or assigning to third parties, or (iii) permit in its booth any non-exhibiting company representative. Only companies or individuals that have contracted directly with Exhibition Management shall be listed in the Exhibition Directory or allowed on the Exhibition floor as an exhibitor. Only one company name per booth will be listed on any booth sign. No signs or advertising devices shall be displayed outside the exhibit space other than those furnished by Exhibition Management. Failure to comply with this provision may be sufficient cause for Exhibition Management to require the immediate removal of the exhibit and/or the offending Exhibitor, at the expense of Exhibitor. Failure to comply may also result in forfeiture of all fees paid. In addition, all booths must be fully carpeted and no exhibit shall be built to exceed height limitations set in the exhibitor manual. An exhibit that exceeds the height limitations will have to be altered to conform to the requirements, at Exhibitor’s expense.
4. Laws and Regulations: All exhibitors shall abide by the stipulations of the relevant laws of the Chinese government, including Intellectual Property Right, Animal & Plant Quarantine Law, etc. If the exhibitor violates the law, the Exhibition Management is entitled to close his stand. The exhibitor shall bear all losses resulting from breaking the law.
5. Early Removal of Exhibits Not Allowed: a) No exhibit shall be packed, removed, or dismantled prior to the closing of the Exhibition. b) For security reasons, any equipment removed from the Hall prior to the official closing time shall require a special pass issued by Exhibition Management.
6. Prohibited Activities: a) No cooking may take place in Exhibitor’s space. b) All demonstrations, sales activities, and distribution of circulars and promotional material must be confined to the limits of Exhibitor’s booth. Exhibitor must not place equipment for display or demonstration in such manner as to cause observers to gather in the aisles. All equipment for display or demonstration must be placed within the assigned booth to attract observers into the booth. c) Exchange of money or consummating the sale of goods or services in the Hall is prohibited. Orders may be taken for future delivery only. d) Exhibits which include the operation of musical instruments, radios, sound motion picture equipment, public address systems, or any noise-making machines must be operated so that the noise resulting there from will not annoy or disturb adjacent exhibitors or their patrons. e) Exhibitor is prohibited from displaying any devices or objects in the booth that exceed the length of the back wall without prior written approval from Exhibition Management and the Center. f) Electrical equipment that is not CIQ approved may not be used in the Hall. No wiring, installation of spotlights or other electrical work shall be done except by the electrical contractor authorized by Exhibition Management or the Center.
7. Care of Building and Equipment: Exhibitor and its agents shall not injure or deface any part of the Hall, the booths or booth contents or Exhibition equipment and decor. If Exhibitor causes any such damage, Exhibitor shall be liable to the owner of the property so damaged.
8. Cancellation by Exhibitor: Exhibitor specifically recognizes and acknowledges that Exhibition Management will sustain certain losses if Exhibitor cancels its exhibit space after it has been assigned and confirmed by the Exhibition Management. Due to the difficulty, if not impossibility of determining and proving said losses, Exhibitor agrees to pay the following amounts as liquidated damages, and not as a penalty, if Exhibitor cancels all or part of its exhibit space on or within the time periods specified below:
Time Period Liquidated Damages
90 days before the start of the show 30% of rental fees
45 days before the start of the show 70% of rental fees
10 days before the start of the show 90% of rental fees
less than 10 days 100% of rental fees
Upon receipt of written notice of cancellation by Exhibitor, Exhibition Management has the right to resell the space and retain all revenue collected. Any such re-sale shall not reduce the amount of liquidated damages to be paid by Exhibitor.
9. Modification: The Exhibition Management reserves the right to cancel, postpone or relocate the exhibition, to shorten or lengthen the exhibition, or for technical, official or other reasons to assign to the exhibitor another space or to modify and reduce the size of the space. Exhibitors shall not be entitled to claim for compensation against such a change.
10. Payment Conditions: The full stand rental will be invoiced to the exhibitor with the stand space confirmation. The charges for stand rental are due for payment on July 1st, 2014. In case of stand confirmation after the above date of payment, invoice amounts are due for payment on the date shown on the invoice.
11. Exhibits and Public Policy: Exhibitor is charged with knowledge of all State and local laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety, while participating in this Exhibition. Compliance with such laws is mandatory for Exhibitor, and the sole responsibility is that of Exhibitor. Exhibition Management and service contractors have no responsibility pertaining to the compliance with laws as to public policy as far as individual Exhibitor’s space, materials and operation is concerned. Exhibitors with questions regarding such laws, ordinances, and regulations should contact Exhibition Management. All booth decorations including carpet must be flame-proofed, and all hangings must clear the floor. Electrical wiring must conform to States, Local Center Rules and the electrical code in Beijing. If inspection indicates that Exhibitor has neglected to comply with these regulations, or otherwise incurs fire hazard, the right is reserved to remove all or such part of his exhibit as may be in violation, at Exhibitor’s expense. If unusual equipment or machinery is to be installed, or if appliances that might come under fire code are to be used, Exhibitor should contact the Exhibition Management for information concerning facilities or regulations. City and State fire regulations must be complied with. Use of hazardous materials, such as open flame or liquid propane gas, must be approved by the local Fire Department.
12. Errors and Omissions: Exhibition Management assumes no liability or responsibility for any of the services performed or materials delivered by official Exhibition contractors or other suppliers to the Exhibition, their personnel, or their agents. Any controversies which may arise between Exhibitor and official contractors or personnel of either, on the Exhibition premises shall be referred to Exhibition Management for resolution.
13. Security: Exhibition Management shall provide guard service throughout the hours of set-up, Exhibition hours, before and after Exhibition hours, and during dismantling period. This security is to prevent unauthorized entry into the Exhibition halls. A badge must be worn at all times. Exhibition Management reserves the absolute right to inspect any items removed from the exhibit area.
14. Liability: a) all property of Exhibitor remains under its custody and control in transit to and from the Exhibit Hall, during installation and removal, and whiles it is within the confines of the Exhibit Hall. Neither Exhibition Management, the service contractors, the management of the Exhibit Hall nor any of the officers, staff members, or directors of any of the same are responsible for the safety of the property of Exhibitor from theft, damage by fire, accident, vandalism or other causes, and Exhibitor expressly waives and releases any claim or demand it may have against any of them by reason of any damage to or loss of any property of Exhibitor, except where the damage or loss is due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the persons mentioned above. b) Exhibition Management does not carry business interruption and property damage insurance coverage for loss or damage of Exhibitor’s property.